Man, I don’t even know how to start this. First off, I completely failed most of my goals. I didn’t read more Brandon Sanderson, I didn’t learn to make good rolls (I’ve made a few but all attempts flew out the window as soon as I moved to an elevation of over 7500 feet. The altitude scares me). But also, like most people, I didn’t expect COVID and that threw a big old wrench in a lot of my plans.
Here’s what I DID do:
- Read the 120 books I wanted to, with a little room to spare!
- Moved across the country for school (managed to get a Chicago dog in Chicago too).
- Virtually attended at least 1 wedding (I definitely cried the entire time too, it was BEAUTIFUL).
- Was very jealous of all of the pets my friends got.
- Picked up, and then dropped, and then attempted to pick up (again) a daily yoga habit.
- Passed my first semester of business school!!!!!
I know, what a weird list. But frankly, my mind is taking a vacation until classes start again so I’m sure I’m missing some absolutely huge stuff. Here’s for next year being less of a shit-storm:
- Find a summer internship (please god let it be soon. I have applied to so many places).
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Read 80 books, another downgrade, but now I know what classes will be like. I’d rather be able to adjust that number up, that not be able to read it.
- Ski 100,000 vertical feet. I live close to so many ski resorts, I gotta. Unless the resorts close in which case not achieving this will not be my fault.
And with that, I have officially taxed my ability to think about the future.
Happy New Year and good riddance to 2020.