I’m happy to announce that Sam from Thoughts on Tomes has asked us to be one of the hosts for this upcoming Tome Topple Readathon from November 16th to November 29th.
I love this readathon and am so excited that she’s asked us to host!!!!! Alrighty, here’s the deal, the whole point of this readathon is to read those giant books that can be intimidating sometimes. Books that count for this readathon are over 500 pages. I know I have a giant backlist of these books and I am going to have a hard time picking which ones I want to read.
Bind ups of narrative novels or short stories (like bind ups of series or short story collections) do not count, but graphic novel bind ups do. For example, the bind ups of NK Jemisin’s Broken Earth series does not count, because those individual pieces of work are not over 500 pages, but the omnibus of Wonder Woman graphic novels do.
- Read more than 1 tome
- Read a graphic novel
- Read a tome that is part of a series
- Buddy read a tome (check out the goodreads group to find a buddy!)
- Read an adult novel
- The readathon takes place from midnight in your time zone on November 16th to 11:59pm in your time zone on November 29th.
- Follow the official readathon twitter (@tome_topple) for sprints and any updates for the readathon and use the hashtag #tometopple!
- Books read should be over 500 pages
- There are a TON of amazing hosts, you guys should follow them all: Sam from Thoughts on Tomes
- Adriana from Perpetual Pages
- Sarah-Jane from The Book Life
- Sian from Readers’ Rambles
- Caz from Little Book Owl
- and ME – also Sam – @willread4booze (and here… obviously)
- There’s a Goodreads group here. You can follow certain discussions about popular Tomes that folks read during this readathon. On that note, there are a lot of people who end up reading the same book. If you want to have some discussions on other social media platforms, use the hashtag TT plus the title of the book. For example #TTOutlander or #ttWayofKings
- There will also be some Instagram challenges to be announced on Sam’s IG HERE. We’ll be trying to meet all those challenges as well, you can find our IG @willreadforbooze.
I seriously cannot wait for this readathon. I’m going to be at my mom’s house for the first week which will be PRIME reading time.
Are you guys excited? Who’s in?! Let me know if you’re in and let me know what you’ll be reading below!!
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,