Sam here with today’s Top 5 Wednesday! This week, in honor of Mother’s Day, we’re talking about our fave literary mama’s.
I am so fortunate that my mom is one of the greatest ladies I’ve ever met. She is so supportive, loving, and just all around amazing. LOVE YOU, MAMA!
Here are my Top 5 Literary Mamas.
5. Mustang from Iron Gold by Pierce Brown. I know this is a bit of a spoiler, but like, they’ve been out for a WHILE so.. sorrynotsorry. Mustang is incredible. She’s the only one that stays true to who she is after the original Red Rising series. She is a great parent.
4. Essun from The Broken Earth series by N.K. Jemisin. WOW. She literally spends the whole series looking for her daughter. Omg. Sorry, I can’t even think about it without getting teary eyed.
3. Jia from The Dandelion Dynasty series by Ken Liu. Again, another fiercely protective mother. The crap she took. The things she sacrificed. All for her children. I just adore her. She also has to deal with another literary mama and her children, and does so with grace.
2. Ugh… I can’t believe I’m saying this…. but Triss’s mom from Divergent. Holy hell, that woman. I know a lot of literary mama’s are killed for the sake of plot, but this one got me. Got me good.
1. The Contessa from Tethered Mage by Melissa Caruso. This lady… She is POWERFUL. She is on the council of nine for this empire. With all that power, one would think that she’d be a less present parent. One would be wrong. She’s a single mom, and she is loving and supportive. She has a vision for what she wants for her daughter, but allows her to make her own decisions and gets genuinely worried when her daughter gets into sticky situations. She radiates pride for her daughter and it’s just so great to see these types of parents.