Happy Monday, Boozie Book Nerds!
This is your weekly reminder that black lives matter.
A bunch of us went to a cabin this weekend for all the April birthdays and it was super super fun. It’s also Mythothon so you’ll be seeing which prompt I’m reading for this week too. Here’s my TBR.
What Sam Finished:
- Knight’s Shadow by Sebastian de Castell: This is the second book in the greatcoats series. The audio for the series is excellent. Our trio are dealing with the consequences of the first book. I just want to say that my sons are still super precious to me and need to be left alone. I really really liked this. I can’t wait for more.
- The Burning God by RF Kuang: This is the third book in the poppy war books and im not ok. Really not ok. This may put me in a book hangover
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- Nothin’ right now.
I forgot how much moving sucks, luckily, it’s a lot of fun to get the new place set up (even if it seems like it takes forever to get everything you ordered b/c it’s easier to move cross country without a mattress, couch, etc).
What Ginny Finished:
- Over the Woodward Wall by A. Deborah Baker: hahaha. Its another acronym for Seanan McGuire. This book goes with Middlegame, which meant I tried way too hard to figure out what matched with what. Regardless, this feels like a very solid fairytale/kids story.
What Ginny is Currently Reading:
- If the Boot Fits by Rebekah Weatherspoon: this is the second book in the series about the Pleasant Brothers. This one features Sam, an oscar winning actor and Amanda, an assistant. Honestly this is such a fun read!
Feeling on a roll!
What Minda is reading now:
- The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams – “Distraught and desperate, Gavin finds help from an unlikely source: a secret romance book club made up of Nashville’s top alpha men. With the help of their current read, a steamy Regency titled Courting the Countess, the guys coach Gavin on saving his marriage. But it’ll take a lot more than flowery words and grand gestures for this hapless Romeo to find his inner hero and win back the trust of his wife.”
What Minda finished:
- Winter’s Orbit by Everina Maxwell – Loooved this slow burn intergalactic romance! The murder mystery is also great. “The welfare of the galactic empire rests in the slippery hands of the Emperor’s least favorite grandson and a widower accused of murder. Their successful marriage will align conflicting worlds. Their failure will be the end of the Empire.”
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,
— Sam, Ginny, and Minda