Happy friggin new year!! I’m in an Uber on my way home from day drinking. To say how much I’ve had would be embarrassing… Let’s just say we went to bottomless brunch with champagne-to-OJ ratios probs around 90-10. Then Disney Power Hour… then to bars. Guys I’m drunnkkkkk and it’s 7pm.
Here are my faves of 2017!
Reincarnation Blues by Michael Poore
– Did a drunk review here. Guys this book was amazing and heartbreaking and beautiful and funny and everything I needed at the time. Just go read it.
Plague of Giants by Kevin Hearne
– This book was so good too!! It reminds me a lot of Jim Butcher’s Codex Alera but so different. Drunk review here.
Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch
– Even through this book really does poor thing to women, I fucking loved them. Locke is incredible and Jean is my precious Bastard Son. Drunk review for the whole series here.
Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
– To say I was highly anticipating this book is a giant motherfucking understatement. I have yet to write my drunken review of this one. but while it was my least favorite of the Stormlight Archive books, it was still motherfucking incredible and i loved it.
Dear Martin by Nic Stone
– Uh, I had to writea sober review for this one and i still feel like that’s the best way for me to discuss this book. So imma leave this right here.
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
– Guys this was one of the first books I read this year and it is till my favorite. It got robbed by the GR Best books of 2017 and I STAND BY THIS. This book is incredible. I love it so much. Read more of my drunken tom-foolery about this here.
And thats it! Hope you all had a great 2017 (despite the garbage fire of a year it was for me) and may 2018 be ever in your favor. (Editor’s Note: no I did not mean to make a Hunger Games reference but there it is…)
Until next time, I remain forever drunkenly yours,