Happy Monday, Boozie Book Nerds!
This is your weekly reminder that all lives can’t matter until black ones do.
I didn’t pick up a book until yesterday… I’ll get better, I promise.
What Sam Finished:
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson: I can’t believe a certain thing happened. I’m savoring this… it’s just such a treat.
What Sam Put Down:
- King of the Rising by Kacen Callender: This is the sequel to Queen of the Conquered. If I’m honest, this is probably the reason I’m struggling so much. This book is REALLY introspective, like the first one, and so damn slow. I just don’t think I’m in the right headspace to finish it.
No update. This week was finals so I was a liiiiiitle bit busy.
What Minda is Currently Reading:
- The Iron Raven by Julie Kagawa – A new trilogy following Shakespeare’s infamous prankster Puck in a continuation of The Iron Fey world. Arc from Inkyard Press.
- Dinner: A Love Story by Jenny Rosenstrach – Food writer and blogger Rosenstrach shares her food journey and best recipes in this ode to dinner. I’ve actually had this on my TBR for years, but always put off reading it. This will take me a min since I’m taking copious tinted!
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi – From Goodreads: “Transcendent Kingdom is a deeply moving portrait of a family of Ghanaian immigrants ravaged by depression and addiction and grief–a novel about faith, science, religion, love.” Still haven’t totally started yet, but was back burnered a little for the above and below.
What Minda Finished:
- A Woman is No Man by Etaf Rum – Novel tell the story of three generations of Arab women living in America as 18-year-old Deya begins to meet with suitors for an arranged marriage as she unravels the mystery of her mother’s past and marriage. LOVED this heartbreaking but heartwarming story about breaking the cycle and the strength of women. Will review.
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,
— Sam, Ginny, and Minda