This week’s topic is Independent Ladies. Basically, your favorite leading ladies who aren’t distracted from getting shit done by their love interest (can still have a romance subplot, so this is subjective based on what you think would be *too much*).
So, five favorite fierce females who are #nailingit. Here. We. Go.
5. Zélie Adebola from Children of Blood and Bone. She was just so amazing and so was this book. Despite all the hurdles in front of her, she tackles every challenge to overcome her limitations. Sam has the review.
4. Eliana Ferracora from Furyborn. Talk about someone who knows what they want! She just wants to save her family, and everything comes along to ruin her whole plan. And, ya know, destiny and stuff. Though she’s been doing a great, though morally questionable, job as the emperor’s assassin. I’m so excited for the next book! Here’s Sam’s review of Furyborn.
3. Virginia au Augustus (Mustang) from Red Rising. I thought she was just wonderful. She held her own the entire trilogy and the recent follow-up novel. If anything, I wish there was more of her perspective. Mustang was sure to put her interests in front of whatever was going on in terms of manipulative men out for their own.
2. Lada Dragwlya from The Conqueror’s Saga. This woman was brutal as the female twist on Vlad the Impaler. But, she also didn’t have time for anyone’s shit and good for her. You can definitely argue that Lada had a one-track mind that was detrimental to those around her (fine), but I was there for it. Book 1 review and Book 2.
1. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. I mean, duh. This girl gave me so much inspiration when I was a kid. She was so relatable, and her intelligence saved the day over and over again. No one can doubt that Ron and Harry would be dead af (or worse, expelled) if she hadn’t decided to be their friend. Can we all agree that Hermione is the true hero here?
So, tell me: do you agree/disagree with a few of the above? Who are some of your favorite independent ladies?