Happy New Year! It’s been yet another weird year. We’re moving into our third year of Covid (sorry for the reminder), which is something only a few people expected and everyone hoped wouldn’t happen. I actually completed all of my goals for the year (which means I probably underestimated myself – but again, after 2020 I wanted something achievable.
- I ready 116 books (well over the 80 books I had hoped)
- Found a summer internship. It was a great experience and I really enjoyed learning about working in a new environment
- I not only got the Covid vaccine, I got the booster. I’m lucky enough to have avoided catching the RONA so far, and I keep buying more cloth masks.
- I did manage to ski 100,000 vertical feet!
- I got a cat! Her name is Loaf and she a bit of a chonk and is perfect in every way.
- I turned 30, which has been great so far. I celebrated with a weekend with Sam and then a masked concert from one of my favorite bands.
Here’s what I hope for 2022:
- I’m aiming for 100 books this year. Even with a busy schedule, 80 books was too low.
- I’d like to find a job to stay in the area. I love the skiing, I like the area, I have good friends here, and I don’t want to have to move again.
- I’d like to volunteer a little bit more…
- I’m going to buy flowers for myself at least once a month. I started doing this a few weeks ago and it’s been really nice and brightens up my apartment.
Honestly, writing my list of goals was really hard. Unsurprisingly, choosing a reading goal was the easiest part. But, it’s such a weird time right now that trying to plan for the future is difficult. I’m hoping that by next year I’ll be able to have more real goals.