Happy Monday, Boozie Book Nerds!
This is your weekly reminder that black lives matter. Also, #StopAAPIHate
Hey all!! It was a crazy long week but I got to go the the office a few times which mean I got some commute reading done!!
What Sam Finished:
- Nolyn by Michael J. Sullivan: this is the first book in a new series by one of my fave authors. Follows the son of Nyphron from the previous series. I’m enjoying this so far, but I will say that there are a LOT of parallels to the previous story. This wasn’t my favorite of them, but I did enjoy it a lot.
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab – this is a book about Addie, someone who has been cursed to be forgotten immediately. She’s lived with this curse for 300 years until one day she meets Henry, a boy who can remember her. I’m liking this a lot tbh. Way more than I thought I would.
- The Second Rebel by Linden A. Lewis – this is the sequel to the first sister. I can barely focus enough to read it, so I haven’t gotten very far.
What Melinda Is Reading Now
- The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker – This is the story of the Trojan War as told by Briseis, former Trojan Queen and current captive of Achilles. She shares her perspective going from royal to slave and the stories of thousands of enslaved women.
- Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor – Book club read. Africanfuturist novel where aliens invade Lagos, Nigeria. Three selected people must come together to save the world and other things happen too kinda.
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,
— Sam, Ginny, and Minda