Happy Monday, Boozie Book Nerds!
This is your weekly reminder that black lives matter. Also, #StopAAPIHate
I finished books!!!! I had a physical library book that’s coming due so I power read. I’m so happy I was able to just sit down and finish.
What Sam finished:
- A Vow So Bold and Deadly by Brigid Kemmerer: this is the final book in this series and I loved the first one until the end, the second one made me mad, and this one was almost as bad. A lot of hate reading over here. Drunk review to come
- Heart of Flames by Nicki Pau Preto: this is the second book in the series and it for real suffered from second book slump. Like nothing happened at all. Pretty mad cause I loved the first one. Will continue though.
What Sam is Currently Reading
- Reaper of Souls by Rena Barron: this is the second book in this series, listening on audio and am liking it. Not too far in
Spent a much-needed relaxing weekend at Rehoboth Beach! My happy place.
What Minda is Currently Reading:
- The Woman with the Blue Star by Pam Jenoff – “Ella Stepanek is an affluent Polish girl living a life of relative ease with her stepmother, who has developed close alliances with the occupying Germans. While on an errand in the market, she catches a glimpse of something moving beneath a grate in the street. Upon closer inspection, she realizes it’s a girl hiding. Ella begins to aid Sadie and the two become close, but as the dangers of the war worsen, their lives are set on a collision course that will test them in the face of overwhelming odds.” Came out last week! ARC from NetGalley. Sounds right up my alley.
- The Stepsisters by Susan Mallery – “Eighteen years, two kids and one troubled marriage later, Daisy never expects—or wants—to see Sage again. But when the little sister they have in common needs them both, they put aside their differences to care for Cassidy. As long-buried truths are revealed, no one is more surprised than they when friendship blossoms. Their fragile truce is threatened by one careless act that could have devastating consequences. They could turn their backs on each other again…or they could learn to forgive once and for all and finally become true sisters of the heart.” Comes out later this month. ARC from NetGalley. Look forward to finding out everyone’s secrets muhahah.
What Minda Finished:
- The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams – “Welcome to the Bromance Book Club. Distraught and desperate, Gavin finds help from an unlikely source: a secret romance book club made up of Nashville’s top alpha men. With the help of their current read, a steamy Regency titled Courting the Countess, the guys coach Gavin on saving his marriage. But it’ll take a lot more than flowery words and grand gestures for this hapless Romeo to find his inner hero and win back the trust of his wife.” Great poolside/beach read!
No update from Ginny this week
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,
— Sam, Ginny, and Minda