Sam here and I’m still on travel. So.
This wasnt a big reading week for me, but I still got a little bit done.
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody: one of the twists was a little obvious but I liked the world that was built and could see being really interested by an exploration of the powers people had.
- Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst: this book was a pretty quick and easy read. Its a satire about reality tv shows and with the kinds of characters you could expect to show up on a show like that. I liked the mother dsughter duo. Some of the conflicts felt cliche but for a reality show thats to be expected
- Hillariously Ever After: still reading this. I find the irritating 20 year olds in small town america hard to get interested about.
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas: I’ve just started this so i dont have comments yet. But I like her writing style and Im excited to read this.
What Linz read:
- Pretty As A Picture by Elizabeth Little: Thanks to ALA/Viking/the author for this ARC, coming out Feb. 25! A female film editor is hired to work on the closed set of a movie, complete with “gomaniacal movie director, an isolated island, and a decades-old murder.” The protagonist was pretty well-formed and I really liked the story, but man some shit talk was spoken about Delaware. I’m pretty sure the MC has Aspergers, and thought maybe a little education for readers could have been folded in.
What Linz is currently reading:
- Sufficiently Advanced Magic by Andrew Rowe: I WILL NEVER FINISH THIS BORING ASS BOOK JFC.
What Minda is reading now:
- The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow – YA read that takes place on earth post-alien invasion. Just started but so far so good. Got ARC from NetGalley—book drops 2/25.
- Sufficiently Advanced Magic by Andrew Rowe – It’s the book club book so we’ll all be reading it at one point or another. I have it on audio so I can listen while taking care of baby R after husband goes back to work.
- What to Expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff – Buddy reading (skimming) this with husband. Recommend the series for new parents and pregnant couples, but you definitely don’t need to read every portion.
What Minda finished:
- The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black – Ahhh I loved it! The romance and weird family dynamics really get me here. Good ending to the trilogy. Sam’s review here.
HIIIIII. I have sorta returned. It’s tome topple, I’m excited. But I’m on this work trip and I’ve been here 5ever and cannot wait to be home.
What Sam Finished:
- Angel Mage by Garth Nix: Good GOD this book was boring. Won’t be continuing.
What Sam is currently reading:
- The Stars We Steal by Alexa Donne: Look man, I started this book a week ago and I’m only on page 75. I’ll probably be putting a hold on this to pick up my Tomes =)
Until next time, we main forever drunkenly yours,
Sam, Ginny, Linz, and Minda