I’m happy to announce that Sam from Thoughts on Tomes has asked us to be one of the hosts for this upcoming Tome Topple Readathon from February 7th through February 20th .
I love this readathon and am so excited that she’s invited us to host again for this round!! Alrighty, here’s the deal, the whole point of this readathon is to read those giant books that can be intimidating sometimes. Books that count for this readathon are over 500 pages. I know I have a giant backlist of these books and I am going to have a hard time picking which ones I want to read.
Bind ups of narrative novels or short stories (like bind ups of series or short story collections) do not count, but graphic novel bind ups do. For example, the bind ups of NK Jemisin’s Broken Earth series does not count, because those individual pieces of work are not over 500 pages, but the omnibus of Wonder Woman graphic novels do.\
Since this is round ten (!!) Sam decided to do something special and come up with a bingo card. Books may count for up to 2 spots on the bingo card. In addition, in honor of Black History Month, Adriana and Joce have come up with a wide variety of books across genres written by black authors. Obviously, you can choose your own, but we thought this would be a great place to start.
The Bingo Card:
Tome Recommendations for Black History Month
- “The Good House” by Tananarive Due
- “Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky” by Kwame Mbalia
- “Black Leopard, Red Wolf” by Marlon James
- “A Brief History of Seven Killings” by Marlon James
- “Children of Blood and Bone” by Tomi Adeyemi
- “The Shadowed Sun” by N.K. Jemisin
- “Wizard of the Crow” by Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- “The Rage of Dragons” by Evan Winter
- “The Warmth of Other Suns” by Isabel Wilkerson
- “Stamped from the Beginning” by Ibram X. Kendi
- “The Count of Monte Cristo” by Alexandre Dumas
- “The Three Musketeers” by Alexandre Dumas
- “Do You Dream of Terra-Two?” by Temi Oh
- “Kingdom of Souls” by Rena Barron
- “Lilith’s Brood” by Octavia Butler
- The readathon takes place from midnight in your time zone on February 7th to 11:59pm in your time zone on February 20th.
- Follow the official readathon twitter (@tome_topple) for sprints and any updates for the readathon and use the hashtag #tometopple!
- Books read should be over 500 pages
- There are a TON of amazing hosts, you guys should follow them all:
- Sam from Thoughts on Tomes
- Adriana from Perpetual Pages
- Sarah-Jane from The Book Life
- Sian from Readers’ Rambles
- Caz from Little Book Owl
- ME – Sam 2 – @willread4booze (and here… obviously)
- Joce from Yogi with a Book
- and a new Insta host Gaia from LaLettriceseGreta
- There’s a Goodreads group here. You can follow certain discussions about popular Tomes that folks read during this readathon. On that note, there are a lot of people who end up reading the same book. If you want to have some discussions on other social media platforms, use the hashtag TT plus the title of the book. For example #TTOutlander or #ttWayofKings
- There will also be some Instagram challenges to be announced on Sam’s IG HERE. We’ll be trying to meet all those challenges as well, you can find our IG @willreadforbooze.
I seriously cannot wait for this readathon.
Are you guys excited? Who’s in?! Let me know if you’re in and let me know what you’ll be reading below!!
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,