Happy New Year! I, for one, had a fantastic year—I joined WRFB as a regular blogger, I got that promotion I had been aiming for, & we’ll be welcoming baby R to the family this Jan (cue the fireworks!). So, yeah, big year and things will keep on changing.
One thing I loved about this year was becoming a regular blogger for WRFB and tuning into Book Twitter—it’s quite the affair + I love working with Sam, Ginny, & Linz. This year, I read 16,574 pages across 45 books, published 21 reviews, & attended ALA in DC and got all the ARCs. A pretty big accomplishment as far as I’m concerned!
Here were some of my fave books/reviews in 2019:
- Review for Two: Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly
- Review for Two: Gravemaidens by Kelly Coon
- DRUNK REVIEW: Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
- DRUNK REVIEW: These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch
- DRUNK REVIEW: Red Clocks by Leni Zumas (made for a solid hate-review)
So onto goals for 2020:
- Read 55 books. I know +10 can be a little ambitious, but I think this is doable. Especially if I follow #2…
- Set attainable goals for 4 bookathons. I want to participate and complete my goals for at least four bookathons in 2020. If I’m guessing, it’ll be for our own Booziebookathon (more details here), the OWLs and NEWTs Magical Readathon, Bookémon Badgethon, and one yet-to-be-named. I did participate in all of these this year with the best of intentions, and didn’t meet my goals in most.
- Review 30 books. This would come out to 2.5 reviews per month, which I think seems reasonable, & nine more than what I did this year.
- Get more active on Twitter. Earlier this year, I created an account specifically to interact with the book community (@mindareads) & be a little more personal than I would be on my professional profile. To elevate The Brand of WRFB, I hope to do more with it this year.
- Read a book outloud to baby R at least once per week. I’m new to this whole parenting thing, so not sure if this is too much, too little, or just right, but I definitely want to make sure to cultivate baby R’s love of reading!
And that’s about it! Mostly I’m just excited to start doing drunk reviews again & not just reviews for two (even though that remains an adorable name for the preg reviews!).
Xxxo & a happy new year,