It’s Minda! As far as 2020 goes with my goals and a new baby, I really want to be prioritizing books I think I’ll enjoy as opposed to just any old thing.
Here are the 10 books on my TBR I predict will get 5/5 shots (and have killer pairings!):
1. The Gravity of Us by Phil Stamper – YA gay romance + a NASA mission shrouded in secrets. What’s not to like?
2. The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow – Two years past an alien invasion of earth, an earthling and one of the invaders work together to protect humanity’s art.
3. Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust – Original fairytale about a poisonous girl and the power that lies within the curse.
4. The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3) by Holly Black – Have LOVED every installment in the trilogy so far, so hopefully going to love the last one, too.
5. The Crown Conspiracy (The Riyria Revelations, #1) by Michael J. Sullivan – I borrowed this from Sam ages ago and I’m sure I will love it. I promise I’m going to get to it you guys!
6. The Gilded Ones (Deathless #1) by Namina Forna – Look at that cover! Just all the ‘yes’ on this.
7. Conjure Women by Afia Atakora – So far there’s great reviews about this story about a mother and daughter with a shared talent for healing and conjuring curses based before and after the Civil War.
8. A Memory Called Empire (Teixcalaan #1) by Arkady Martine – A sci-fi debut I’ve heard great things about.
9. Goldilocks by Laura Lam – an all-female mission to find a new planet goes awry and time is running out. Described as Station Eleven meets The Martian.
10. The Pillars of the Earth (Kingsbridge #1) by Ken Follett – This is finally the year I read this. Seriously.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Arsty Reader Girl. Check out their blog for topics and such.