Where the hell did 2019 go? I feel like I just wrote my 2019 goals and here I am writing my wrap-up. This year was really REALLY hard. Work became so incredibly busy that my social life suffered. BUT I still did some fun stuff. Went to BookCon again and my first ALA. Parker and I turned 30 and went to the beach to celebrate. I met PENGUINS! My cousin had an internship at my work for the whole summer and we got to hang out all the time! I went to BookNetFest and was invited to be a speaker. The Nats won the World Series! And so much more. Now that I look back on it, I did a lot this year. But the day-to-day felt impossible.
Anyway, as far as books are concerned, you’ll see my top 3 in our group TTT post, but here are some honorable mentions:
- Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
- Holy Sister by Mark Lawrence
- Wicked King by Holly Black
- Age of Legend by Michael J Sullivan
- Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
- Name of All Things by Jenn Lyons
I also wrote some goals, and I did a poor job of achieving them.
2019 Bookish Goals:
- I want to read 70 books. Check. I read 93
- I’d like to review 50 of those books. So close, 47.
- I’d like to start doing more here on the blog. Check!
- Increase my followers/subscriber counts. Done. Didn’t hit all the goals, but got pretty damn close
- Read more backlist books. Lol.
2019 Personal Goals:
- I want to get my pain under control. I’m pretty good on this, I still have bad days, but far fewer of them.
- …exercising more. Bahaha.
- QUIT SMOKING!! Fail. I’m close though. I smoke probably half what I used to.
- I want to buy a condo. Nope.
- …spending less. I did actually accomplish this which is awesome. I saved a ton for my condo.
So let’s get on to 2020 eh?
2020 Bookish Goals:
- Read 70 books. I feel like this is a non-stressful number. Imma keep it.
- Review 50 books. Still a good goal.
- Participate in more readathons. Melinda has this goal too and I love it. I saw this one called Finish the Series 2020 and I’m in to that. Plus also Magical Readathon, Tome Topple, and preferably at least one other.
- DNF more. I realize I struggle with this, but with my job, I no longer have time to read stuff I’m not enjoying.
2020 Personal Goals:
- Buy the damn condo. That’s it. That’s the tweet.
- Get promoted. So that I can stop having so much work to do.
- Get my anxiety under control. Last year was pain, this year is mental health. It’s starting to bleed to my team and I can’t have that.
So there you have it! 2020 here we come!
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,