Hello fellow boozers and Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a fantastic New Year and boozed it up. I know I did, and I’m not even there yet. I’m currently on a cruise (or will be when this post goes live)!!
2018 was bitter-sweet. I had a bunch of cool stuff happen, but also had a lot of shit stuff happen. 2019 will be better. At least, that’s my goal.
Speaking of goals….
- I want to read 70 books. That was my goal last year and I blew it out of the water, but I also don’t want the pressure of trying to exceed this year.
- I’d like to review 50 of those books. We’ll see how this goes, but last year I reviewed 44, so I don’t think it’ll be that hard to achieve.
- I’d like to start doing more here on the blog. I think I’m going to start trying Top 5 Wednesdays and also doing a weekly wrap-up. Either Sundays or Mondays, talking about what I read the week before. Whether is just a status update or mini-reviews, I’d love to have more content here.
- Increase my followers/subscriber counts. I’m at around 750 for Twitter, 250 for IG, and 275 here on WP. I think I’d like to get to 1,000, 500, and 500 by the end of 2019. (Speaking of, I’ve linked them here, it’s my Twitter page, but Linz is an AMAZING Chief Instagram Officer).
- Read more backlist books. I’ve read a lot these days. But most of them are ARCs for review or new releases I’ve been waiting for. I have this jar that has my TBR in it. I want to read ONE book from my jar every month. I’d actually like to alternate books, one ARC/new release to one jar book, but I’m not sure that’s realistic.
This is where I’m going to struggle I think.
- I want to get my pain under control. I’ve had ups and downs with my chronic pain management and I’d like to figure out how to do that while also…
- …exercising more. Because of my pain, I haven’t been able to do much physical activity which has inevitably caused some weight gain. I’m getting older (I’ll be turning 30 this year!!) and I need to do more to stay fit and healthy.
- QUIT SMOKING!! I know I know. I should have done this this year, but if you had the year I did, you’d know why I couldn’t make it happen.
- I want to buy a condo. This has been a goal of mine for a long time. I’ve been *trying* to save. But this is the year, I think, that I’ll be able to do it. This means…
- …spending less. I don’t know HOW I’m going to do this, but I am going to try my damndest. I REALLY want to buy a condo. Real estate in my area is actually ridiculous and it’s going to be really very hard to have enough money to do this. I *will* do this.
So I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me, but I think I can do it!!
COMMENT DOWN BELOW: What are your goals for this year? They can be personal, professional, bookish, anything. Let me know so I can help cheer you on!
Happy New Year and until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,