Hey All. Now that 2018 is coming to a close it’s time to look forward to the magic that is gonna be 2019. 2018 had some amazing moments, but was also a flaming pile of shit… so here’s to 2019.
To 2018: This is the year that my brother got married to wonderful woman! My sister got a job in her field! My friends are all accomplishing amazing things and my family is doing great. I got to go see Hamilton in New York!!! As well as Harry Potter and the Curse Child & The Spongebob Musical! There was a lot of shit in between the good but luckily I’m surround by a ton of people who have helped lift me up and keep me coming!
Reading wise, this year was kind of amazing! As of December 16th, I’ve read 93 books out of my goal of 75, and whew were those books great! A quick list of my favorites:
- The Perfect Assassin by K. A. Doore
- Sourdough by Robin Sloan Drunk Review: Sourdough by Robin Sloan
- Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett DRUNK REVIEW: Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett
- Empire of the Sand by Tasha Suri DRUNK REVIEW: Empire of Sand by Tasha Suri
- A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole
- Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire DRUNK REVIEW: Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire
Fun fact, I have included my reviews of at least a few of these books, I highly suggest checking them out!
- I like to set a realistic goal, this upcoming year I would like to read 73 books. That’s a book about every 5 days!
- I’m looking forward to doing Dewey’s 24 hour readathon, our Boozybookathon (sorry Sam, booziebookathon) and try to actually make tome topple work (I’m still reading my second book that was supposed to be finished for tome topple)
I’m so looking forward to a few books that are coming out this year. First is the newest book from Seanan McGuire In An Absent Dream. I’ve preordered this and you can expect to be hearing about it as soon as I’m finished. I can’t wait!
I’m looking forward to reading the second Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik, and Reincarnation Blues by Michael Poore. Obviously my tbr is quite a bit longer than that but that’s a pretty good start.
- I’m taking the GMAT in January!!!! So I’m working towards business school! I’m not sure if I’m planning on starting business school in 2019, but I’d like to get myself well set up for business school.
- I’d like to take a fancy vacation, though I’m not quite sure where just yet. But I want one of those all-out drool-worthy vacations but decadent food, beautiful views, and a shit ton of culture.
- I would like to have my tonsils removed (this one is kind of a joke, I just hate those little fuckers – they are one of the minor banes of my existence)
- Get really good at making bread. Poor Sam is dealing with my attempts at making bread and is constantly reminding me that I just need to add more salt. At some point I will remember this piece of brilliance but so far it hasn’t quite sunk in.