Happy Monday, Boozie Book Nerds!
It’s not Sam putting this together today, it’s Ginny! I graduated this weekend and Sam and Parker were amazing and came out to visit, so they had late night flights and are currently recovering while I just did another early morning drop-off. This is the last thing I’m going to do before a very long nap!
I’m currently at the Salt Lake City airport having just visited my bro and also Ginny because she GRADUATED!!! Everyone should comment below a congrats to her.
What Sam Finished:
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- Magical Readathon – Restoration: A Blight of Blackwings by Kevin Hearne: (Also for Tome Topple) This is the second book of this series. I loved the first one so much but I have been frightened of this one’s size. I finally got the audio so I’ll be good to go soon.
- Isn’t it Bromantic? By Lyssa Kay Adams: this is book e in this series about the Russian. Pretty excited cause I think this one will be interesting…
- Bloodsworn by Scott Reitgen: this is the sequel to Ahslords. There’s a rebellion and we’re getting perspectives from all sides. These people keep randomly getting sucked in to the underworld and that’s real interesting. I have put this down for now.
Like I said, I graduated this weekend, so there was limited time to read… But I did what I could.
What Ginny is Currently Reading
- Night and Silence by Seanan McGuire: This is the 12th book in the October Daye series and boy has this series just grown exponentially. In this book, Toby’s estranged daughter, Gillian, has been kidnapped. Meanwhile Toby is also dealing with her fiance’s fairly intense PTSD, the horrendous step-mother to her daughter, and a ridiculous amount of blood-loss. Toby is so tired in this book, that it makes me feel tired too.
What Ginny Finished
- The Memory Librarian by Janelle Monae: I love “Dirty Computer,” Janelle Monae’s album, and so I was really excited to hear they had a book come out inspired by their music. Each story hurts in the best way, but my favorite thing about this book is about how hopeful it was.
- Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim: Our main character escapes child slavery and gets pulled into a plot to take down a horrible man, unfortunately, she falls in love with his son. This book is YA, and I didn’t realize that until I was a decent ways in. I’m not exactly the target market so I had a few issues with the book, but it doesn’t change the fact that the book is fun, well plotted, and is set is a really interesting world.
I’m just… really tired you guys.
What Minda is reading now:
- The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah – Set in the Great Plains of Texas in 1934, Elsa is looking for more out of life. Baby has been put in the corner due to a childhood illness and not being conventionally attractive and is on the verge of spinsterhood. A twist of fate sends her to the farm as the Dust Bowl approaches.
- By The Numbers: How 12 NBA Greats Compare Across Eras, 2nd Edition by Kevin Tolliver – My husband (re)wrote a book that describes complicated statistical concepts and uses those theories to analyze who is the greatest NBA player of all-time. Neat, right? I’m helping him edit it before we try to get an agent/publisher on board, but it’s pretty great.
What Minda finished:
- Warmaidens by Kelly Coon – The follow up to Gravemaidens, Kammani and her maidens are in hiding following their escape from Alu. After a series of assassins try to kill the healer and the maidens, war threatens the innocents of Alu and only they can stop them. Can they take down Alu’s ruler before it is too late? Completed Restoration since Kammani is a healer. Review to come but MAN was this a let-down considering my love for the first one.
- On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgerton #8) by Julia Quinn – This wraps my Bridgerton experience! The last of the Bridgertons to be wed and youngest son, Gregory knows true love is out there (have you met his family?) but hasn’t quite found it yet. And just when he thinks he’s found it, it is to someone who is already planning to be with another. Not one of my faves in the series TBH.
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,
— Sam, Ginny, Minda, and Parker