Happy Monday, Boozie Book Nerds!
Friendly reminder that not all lives can matter until black lives do.
Spent the last week in Florida for work in combination with a family visit. Very fun, but also exhausting.
What Minda Finished:
- Where the Drowned Girls Go (Wayward Children #7) by Seanan McGuire – Former mermaid and brief property of the drowned god Cora is ready to forget. So she transfers to a school designed to do just that. But she soon discovers it may not be all that she thought—and it’s certainly not Miss West’s school. TBH Cora is my least favorite character of the series, but I liked learning about the other school for wayward children.
What Minda is Reading Now:
- Malice by Heather Walter – “A princess isn’t supposed to fall for an evil sorceress. But in this “bewitching and fascinating” (Tamora Pierce) retelling of “Sleeping Beauty,” true love is more than a simple fairy tale.”
- It’s in His Kiss (Bridgerton #7) by Julia Quinn – “Gareth and Hyacinth cross paths at the annual – and annually discordant – Smythe-Smith musicale. To Hyacinth, Gareth’s every word seems a dare, and she offers to help him out with a knotty inheritance problem he’s facing. However, as they delve into the mysterious St Clair history, they discover that the answers they seek lie not in the past – but in each other; and that there is nothing as simple – or as complicated – as a single, perfect kiss.”
I’m in Ann Arbor with Parker!!
What Sam Finished
- Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams: this is the second book in this series with the club owner guy and the sister of the first book’s female lead. It’s supposed to be hate to love but I think it’s more just annoyed to love. I liked this a lot though.
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- The Discord of Gods by Jenn Lyons: ooooooh holy gods I cannot believe we got approved for an arc of this. As you all know I LOVE this series so fucking much. I just started a couple hours ago. I don’t want this series to end. If you want to know what it’s about, check my review of book 1 since this is book 5
- The Jasmine Throne by Tasha Suri: this is the story of a princess who’s being held prisoner by her brother who conquered this other country that has magic (outlawed) and a woman who has magic posing as the princess’s maid servant. I think they’re gonna fall in love? Im enjoying it but I’m not sure where we’re going…
No update from G this week
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,
— Sam, Ginny, Minda, and Parker