Happy Monday, Boozie Book Nerds!
Friendly reminder that not all lives can matter until black lives do.
What Minda Finished
- In An Absent Dream (Wayward Children #4) by Seanan McGuire – In this Every Heart a Doorway prequel, we follow Lundy—a teacher at Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children—in her backstory to the goblin market. There, they only keep children so as Lundy grows there she’ll have to make some tough choices.
What Minda is Reading Now:
- Obsidian by Sarah J. Daley – “Now wizard warrior Shade Nox, aka the Black Witch, aims to raise a new Veil that will protect her clan and all people as the land hurtles toward another disaster: the Unseen, ancient demons who turned the land inhospitable in a prehistoric war, are gathering their strength anew. But when Shade sets her plans in motion, she learns a dark secret about the magic required to raise a Veil, and she’ll have to find a new way.” ARC from NetGalley.
- Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children #5) by Seanan McGuire – Jack is back and she’s got a problem. Her formerly dead sister Jill and her master are leading an uprising in The Moors and she’s the only one who can stop them. And she needs help from her friends at Eleanor’s Home for Wayward Children for a quest.
- To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgerton #5) by Julia Quinn– This one features Eloise, the elusive second Bridgerton daughter. At the brink of spinsterhood after turning down a few marriage proposals, Eloise takes up a correspondence with Sir Phillip and sparks slowly fly.
Well I had a shitty week, but I finished a book!
What Sam Finished
- Witchshadow by Susan Dennard: this is the 4th book in the witchlands series. I couldn’t remember what happened in bloodwitch but fortunately Susan has recaps on her website. While this wasn’t my favorite of the series I still loved it. Drunk review to come.
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon: yes… I’m doing it. I feel like I need something to jumpstart my reading and what better way to do it than reading about tail play.
- The Veiled Throne by Ken Liu: this is the third book in the dandelion dynasty series. These books are NOT short and they are NOT fast paced, but I’m listening on audio and am just over half way.
No update from Ginny this week.
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,
— Sam, Ginny, and Minda