Wow guys. I think everyone can agree it’s been another rough year. And that includes with me and reading–WOOF. I read 28 books this year. That’s 10 less than last year even.
Anyway, I’m not trying to beat myself up about it. 2022 is a new year and I have high hopes!
Reflecting on 2021 (Spoiler: personal-front is much better than book-front):
- Like I said, I read 28 books this year (IT’S FINE)
- Contributed 14 reviews—ouch.
- I did not participate in a single readathon. Let’s change that this year.
- I continued keeping a one-year-old pre-toddler alive, happy, and healthy. That’s a major accomplishment.
- Read a book to said pre-toddler every night—or near enough to make no difference. Hey, no one is perfect.
- I bought a new house! My family’s experience during this COVID time showed we needed something bigger, so we’re suburbs people now. And loving it.
- FINALLY got the promotion I more than deserved. I’ve been killin’ it at work, frankly.
Looking to 2022:
- I’m sticking with last year’s goal of reading 48 books. I still think that’s a good, but ambitious, number.
- Review 24 books. I will feel accomplished with two a month as my goal.
- Participate in 3 bookathons. Hopefully one is our own!
- Continue making my family the biggest priority, without sacrificing friendships I’ve worked hard to cultivate.
- Embrace where I now live and our new community.
- Find more joy. I honestly love my life, but more joy is always welcome. Some of that is saying more “no” to things that simply don’t bring me joy.
See ya never, 2021. And hello, 2022!