Hey bookish boozers!
I had so much fun with this readathon last time!! So, when I found there’s a new round of Louise from Foxes and Fairy Tales’ Mythothon…I immediately started my TBR.
This readathon is for all of September and it basically follows the story of the Odyssey from location to location with a prompt at each one. The group book is A Thousand Ships by Natalie Haynes.
I don’t have books for all these prompts just yet, but I’ll figure it out if I get through all these others.
- Troy – Read a book set in a country not your own – A Dark Queen Rises by Ashok K. Banker
- Cicones – Read a book about a villain – Master Artificer by Justin T. Call
- Cyclops – Read a book you know nothing (or very little) about – The Stars May Rise and Fall by Estella Mirai
- Island of Aeolia – Read a book that is not the first in a series – Nolyn by Michael J. Sullivan
- Laestrygonians – Read a book with food in the title or on the cover – TBD
- Circe – Read a book that has a protagonist with a skill – The Story King by Matt Mikalatos
- Teiresias and the Land of the Dead – Read a book you think you’ll learn something from – A Thousand Ships by Natalie Haynes
- Circe – Return to a book and reread it – I’m really not a big re-reader so TBD
- Sirens – Read any book that calls to you – Nolyn by Michael J. Sullivan
- Charybdis and Scylla – Pick two books. Flip a coin (or some other type of chance) to pick between them – TBD
- Thrinakia – Read a book with an animal on the cover – Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim
- Calypso – Read a book that has been recommended by a friend – Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman
- Phaecia – Read a book with royalty – The Story King by Matt Mikalatos
- Ithaca – Read a story you got for free – Whatever library book I’m on.
Other folks in the WRFB Crew may be joining me on my journey through the Odyssey, but they’ll do their TBRs as they go. ONWARDS!
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,