Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto
Reviewed by Sam!
What I drank prior: I’m pretty fuked up cause I made Ginny drink with me while I was watching hallmark moveis…
I had a sister, once…
In a world ruled by fierce warrior queens, a grand empire was built upon the backs of Phoenix Riders—legendary heroes who soared through the sky on wings of fire—until a war between two sisters ripped it all apart.
I promised her the throne would not come between us.
Sixteen years later, Veronyka is a war orphan who dreams of becoming a Phoenix Rider from the stories of old. After a shocking betrayal from her controlling sister, Veronyka strikes out alone to find the Riders—even if that means disguising herself as a boy to join their ranks.
But it is a fact of life that one must kill or be killed. Rule or be ruled.
Just as Veronyka finally feels like she belongs, her sister turns up and reveals a tangled web of lies between them that will change everything. And meanwhile, the new empire has learned of the Riders’ return and intends to destroy them once and for all.
Sometimes the title of queen is given. Sometimes it must be taken.
Drunk Overview: This is basically Eragon but with pheonixes. So ok so Sis 1 is awful… but she’s looking for a phoenix for to bond with… sis 2 found one. Sis one got so pissed that she killed sis 2’s phoenix. LIteraly i’m not joking. so our leadnig lady flees sis one. We’ve got our friend who works in the empire’s army but then he meets some friends who’s purpose is to take over everythign. ANYWAY, Veronyka wanders and meaders her way into a camp of phoenix riders.. but they only take men and fuck that and also there are bad guys on the way. I’m really sorry, but it’s real hard to explain a story when hammered.
Spoiler-free Thoughts: I was super surprised how much I liked this story, so instead of doing my norm, you’re just getting bullets…
- This sotry made so much sense to me. Give me all the variables and not once did I question anything…
- EXCEPT like yo… JUST TELL THE DAMN TRUTH
- I knew there was something going on with the main character and her deal, but had no idea what… and while I was right
- I wasn’t quite right.
- These days when I predict everything. i struggle a lot. I know where the author is going
- And I think that it’s going to detract from my experience
- however, I actually didn’t predict one thing about the story and that kept me engaged enough to contune…
- so much that i’m literaly going to read the next book…
What to pair it with: 3/5 fireball shots… lieterally drink all the fireball
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,