Secret Crush Seduction by Jayci Lee
**We received an early copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. We’d like to thank Jayci and Harlequin for the opportunity. This book comes out on Sept 1st and you can get it here or at your local independent bookstore**
What I drank: white claw and white wine. I got to talk to so many of my favorite people I might hVe gone a little overboarf considering high altitudes nake it easier to get drunk.
She’s done waiting for what she really wants…
“If I don’t have you after that kiss,
I’ll burn to dust from the inside out…”
Aspiring fashion designer Adelaide Song wants to prove she’s more than just a pampered heiress. All she needs is a little courage–and the help of deliciously sexy Michael Reynolds, her childhood crush and her brother’s best friend. But when her secret crush turns into an illicit liaison, Adelaide realizes mixing business with pleasure spells trouble for all her plans…
Drunk Overview: Addy has had a crush on Michael forever. To help cement her place in the family biz she starts a fashion show directed towards Autistic people (or people with autism- I know there is preferemce of language) longtime family friend Michael is interested but thinks his infertility will be. Pr9vlem between addy and the fam.
Drunk Thoughts: First off. ADDY IS WAY TOO GOOD FOR MICHAEL. Good, now that Ive gotten that out of the way
- The family is involved in genetic “fashion” which is always A CHOICE.
- I totally understood Addy’s drive but found Michaels hesitance to share info irritating
- Lets be gonest the background characters dont matter.
- The world building felt reao (though thia was definitely I nspired by the Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang)
- I liked Addy, she felt really real, in her fears, her goals, and everything else.
- Unfortunately, Michael was a blank slate (and not in a good way)
- He had no real personality
- Really he’s just a wet blanket who our main character is attracted to because REASONS
- Really, this guy seems like the kind of guy to fetishize asian women…. sooo….
Drink Pairing:gin and tonic: one ingredient is amazing and the other is so basic you dony understand why they’ve been paired together
Rating: 3 out of 5 – it’s still enjoyable, just frustrating