We have some EXCITING NEWS dropping this afternoon. Check back here for an pretty rad announcement!!!
Man, have I been productive this week. I feel like I’ve finally gotten over the work-stress hump for now… which is really exciting. Hopefully my slump is over and I can get back to my favorite thing in the world… reading.
What Sam Finished:
- Fire by Kristen Cashore: These books are a fucking delight. There were such touching moments about this book. Slow burn romance and such a cool world. I will definitely be picking up the next one.
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa: This is the sequel to Shadow of the Fox, which I also loved. Our main half-fox is in search of her bae who has been possessed by the demon he was trained to protect. I struggle with the names because I’m listening on audio and I would destroy the spelling. I love our fox-girl’s band of folk. The noble, the ronin, the priest, the priest maiden. They’re all fab. About half way through and I’m enjoying it so far.
This has been a week of getting shit done! Which includes finishing a book I’ve been reading for approximately 25 years.
What Ginny Finished:Sam picked this up for me as an ARC from ALA. I’m definitely going to be writing a review but the short summary is that a single dad goes to save woman who fell of a bridge only to be sucked into the families drama because the woman he saved had been missing for a year.
- Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh: This is the 14th book in the series and was a lot of fun. Vasic, known as an Arrow, has been showing up in books for a while and it was really fun to see more about how the Arrows functioned, and how they can thaw. I was also happy about the main character, Ivy, another empath. It’s been a while since an empath has been a focus, and seeing a relationship with two Psy who have no understanding of what should actually go into a relationship was both very sweet and very fun to read.
- Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work In Half the Time by Jeff Sutherland: Man did this book take me forever to do. I’m proud of myself for finishing it. But yeah, this is a book I was reading for work about management styles. I feel like drinking the kool-aid for any kind of tool is probably not the right way to go but there are definitely some good things about this particular style. I won’t bore you more with more information.
What Ginny is Currently Reading:: Now that I’ve finished Scrum this is the next book I gotta dig back into. It’s just hard considering I’m kind of just unimpressed with a lot of it. Not exactly high praise.
- Tricks for Free by Seanan McGuire: See, this one I am really excited for. The last book left off in a really interesting place so it’s going to be interesting to see how Antimony (the youngest of the Price’s deals with having to SPOILER technically be on the run). Only two chapters in and already I’m super here for it.
What Minda is reading now:
- Red Hood by Elana K. Arnold – A red riding hood type retelling with murder that covers sexual assault. Promising, but tackles some tough topics.
What Minda finished:
- The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow – The story sounded promising, but for me this didn’t live up to expectations. I did appreciate that a lot of it was a love letter to books and music. So mostly enjoyed overall, with reservations.
Until next time, we main forever drunkenly yours,
Sam, Ginny, and Minda