ITS TOME TOPPLE!!!!!!
Reminder:Our Will Read For Booze twitter account (formerly Sam’s personal account) is going to be dedicated to the whole blog! So go check us out kthxxxx. While that’s amazing, Sam has to start from scratch on a new account, let’s show her some love huh? Check out her new account TheBooktender_ She’ll love you forever and ever.
We’re on week 30 (!!) of pregnancy so I’d say it’s the home stretch. And also I’m supposed to be getting pretty tired again, so good timing for Tome Topple!
What Minda is reading now:
- TOME: The Pillars of the Earthby Ken Follett – First up for Tome Topple, a book that’s been on my TBR forever! Loved his Centuries trilogy so things are promising here. The book is a heavy lift, but hoping to carve out time to tackle at least most of it this week.
What Minda put down:
- The Power by Naomi Alderman – Really digging this at about 67%, but I feel like I need to focus on Tome Topple if I hope to finish both reads!
It’s a 3-day weekend and I am LIVING for it.
What Sam read this week:
- The Kingdom of Gods by N.K. Jemisin: This is the final installment to the Inheritance trilogy and it’s about Sia. I loved this ending so much. What a great conclusion to a fabulous trilogy. I still like Broken Earth better, but this one was also fab.
- Ashlords by Scott Reitgen: FIRE. HORSE. RACING. It follows three perspectives from three riders in the races. I really liked this, the story was super well done. Only con is that I wish the characters interacted with eachother more. Drunk review coming.
What Sam’s currently reading:
- TOME: The Burning White by Brent Weeks: This is the finale to the Lightbringer series and it’s the best. Not only did we get a series recap in the beginning I was immediately sucked back into this world. As a reminder: Kip is my child. Gavin is the best. Andross is the worst. Teia>Tisis
- TOME: Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin: This is a new book about witches in the Victorian era (probably). When Lou, a witch, accidentally marries one of the witchfinders, she ends up in the belly of the beast. Someone’s out to get her. Anyway, this has one of my favorite tropes, fake marriage, but it’s not being executed well. I love Lou, but the story is… eh? I know how it’s gonna end.
Ginny is at the beach (brat) and day-drinking got in the way of sending a wrap-up along. This excuse is always acceptable; I’ll always allow it.
Linz also got caught in the day-drinking (again, always allowed). She asked that I explain the rules for the drinking game Thunderstruck.
Thunkderstruck Drinking Game: Everyone gets in a circle – play the song Thunderstruck – every time the lyrics say “Thunder” the next person drinks – repeat and go around the circle until the song is over. Note: there are two parts of the song where someone gets fucked and it’s the best.
Until next time, we main forever drunkenly yours,
Sam, Ginny, Linz, and Minda
2 thoughts on “Weekly Wrap Up: Nov 4-10, 2019”
I’m hearing such good things about Serpent and Dove, hope you’re enjoying it!
I’m…. not really enjoying it so much. Lol. I still need to flesh out my feelings
LikeLiked by 1 person