Minda here with today’s Top 5 Wednesday topic: best reads when you’re stuck inside on a rainy day! Or watching the storm from the porch.
5. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson – Sometimes you just want to embrace the dreariness of the day and have a good cry. This is a great book for that! Plus some good childhood nostalgia thrown in.
4. The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena – A quick mystery like this with twists on twists is a perfect distraction for cabin fever. Suggested to pair with a dry Riesling (review here).
3. Foundation by Isaac Asimov – Another good undertaking while you’re stuck inside is that book that you just haven’t been able to set aside enough time for. Foundation just has so. much. info. that you really need to make the time to focus. Plus, you can continue the series on your next rainy day in.
2. Any book in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – I feel like we always use HP for these lists, but it’s just so good! I love re-reading books and rainy days are the perfect day to do it. Grab your nearest and dearest comfort book in the series and settle in.
1. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer – I love a good retelling that is the ideal intersection of familiar and new. The Lunar Chronicles nail this and they’re easy to read when you’re stuck inside all day. You can knock out at least two of them in a single day if you try!