Happy Monday, Boozie Book Nerds!
Happy new year!
I’ve been doing so well about reading every day, but this weekend I spent out actually with friends so I didn’t quite finish anything this week.
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- Witchshadow by Susan Dennard: this is the 4th book in the witchlands series. I couldn’t remember what happened in bloodwitch but fortunately Susan has recaps on her website. I’m already afeared for my kids.
- Well Matched by Jenn DeLuca: This is the third book in this series, and I’m listening to it on audio and I am v excited.
Since I’ve last updated… I’ve read a couple books for the first time in awhile! Really devoting the both the Bridgerton and Wayward Children series. Also, wish a happy 2nd birthday to my LO last week!
What Melinda Is Reading Now:
- Obsidian by Sarah J. Daley – “Now wizard warrior Shade Nox, aka the Black Witch, aims to raise a new Veil that will protect her clan and all people as the land hurtles toward another disaster: the Unseen, ancient demons who turned the land inhospitable in a prehistoric war, are gathering their strength anew. But when Shade sets her plans in motion, she learns a dark secret about the magic required to raise a Veil, and she’ll have to find a new way.” ARC from NetGalley—book out this week!
- In An Absent Dream (Wayward Children #2) by Seanan McGuire – In this Every Heart a Doorway prequel, we follow Lundy—a teacher at Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children—in her backstory to the goblin market. There, they only keep children so as Lundy grows there she’ll have to make some tough choices.
What Melinda Finished:
- When He Was Wicked (A Bridgerton Novel) by Julia Quinn – London’s most famous rake has fallen in love with Francesca Bridgerton. Unfortunately, she’s about to be wed to his cousin. Will he be friend zoned forever?
- The Light After the War by Anita Abriel – Vera, a Jewish refugee from Hungary, lands in Naples with her best friend Edith after WWII ends hoping to leave behind the hardship and loss of their friends and family. As part of moving forward, Vera takes a job at the U.S. Embassy and embarks on her future.
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children #2) by Seanan McGuire – This prequel for Every Heart a Doorway digs into the backstories of Jack and Jill. After being pigeonholed their entire lives by their terrible parents, the twin girls stumble into The Moors where they can finally have lives they choose. Along with vampires, zombies, and all sorts of eerie creatures.
- Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children #3) by Seanan McGuire – Following the events of Every Heart a Doorway, the children at Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children get a visit from Rini, a girl from a candy land in search of her mother. Mermaid Cora, Skeleton boy Christopher, and Goblin Prince Kade team up to world hop and help her.
No update from Ginny this week.
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,
— Sam, Ginny, and Minda
One thought on “Weekly Wrap-Up: Jan 17 – 23, 2022”
Great update! I really want to read The Wayward Children series. I need to stop putting it off.
LikeLiked by 1 person