Happy Monday, Boozie Book Nerds!
This is your weekly reminder that black lives matter. Also, #StopAAPIHate
I had a great week followed by a no socializing weekend, except for helping out my dad with getting his house ready to sell (and that was only today). It was great!
What Sam Finished:
- Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin: I swore I wasn’t going to continue this series, but I was drunk when I borrowed it from the library and thought maybe it’d make for a good drunk rage review. This is the sequel to Serpent & Dove, and it was hate to love, and basically, they are on the run to find Mama and kill her cause she’s trying to kill Lou. Reid still hates magic even though he is a witch. This will be a run hate review. Literally nothing happens.
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- Master Artificer by Justin T. Call – This is the second in a series and without spoiling this is about a guy named Annev and he’s got half an arm and that makes him one of the evil God’s children in the eyes of the public. Oh and he can do magic, which also makes him “evil” even though he’s not. He’s working through the consequences of the last book. I forgot how much I missed this series and am excited to keep going
- Stormbreak by Natalie C. Parker – This is the final book in this series and I continue to think this world is so unique. Listening on audio =)
What Minda finished:
- The City Beautiful by Aden Polydoros – “Death lurks around every corner in this unforgettable Jewish historical fantasy about a city, a boy, and the shadows of the past that bind them both together.” Really enjoyed the Jewish lore and sweet LGBT romance. Thank you Inkyard Press and NetGalley for an ARC!
What Minda is reading now:
- The Lucky Escape by Laura Jane Williams – “When the day finally comes for Annie to marry Alexander, the last thing she expects is to be left standing at the altar. She was so sure he was Mr Right. Now, she has no idea how she could have got it so wrong. After a chance meeting with Patrick, an old friend who reminds her of who she used to be, Annie takes a vow of her own: she’ll say yes to every opportunity that comes her way from now on. Could a spontaneous trip with Patrick be the way to mend Annie’s heart? She’s about to find out as she embarks on her honeymoon – with a man who’s not her husband.” Thank you Avon and NetGalley for an ARC!
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,
— Sam, Ginny, and Minda