Hope you guys had a great week and long weekend!!
Happy Long Weekend! I’ve needed this and I’m feeling so much better now that I’ve had some solid introvert time.
What Ginny Finished:
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir: I’m looking forward to book club because I have feelings about this book. This is a book with a creepy magic structure around death, bones, and souls. And, back to the feelings, those feelings are conflicted. I’m still not sure how about I feel about the ending and I finished this book early in the week…
- Love is for Losers by Wibke Brueggeman: I’m planning on reviewing so I won’t say too much here. This book follows Phoebe, whose best friend has just fallen in love. She doesn’t quite get the appeal and ends up working in her aunt’s thrift shop with a super cool other teen girl. This book deals with a lot of emotions from someone who has a hard time with emotions… I really enjoyed it.
What Ginny is Currently Reading:
- You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero: I’m not sure I’m all in on the self-help book kind of genre. Still reading this (actually listening. I got it on audiobook first and it’s a nice thing to have one while I’m doing other things.
- More than Neighbors by Shannon Stacey: We received this book as an arc and I will definitely be reviewing. Melanie moves to her childhood town with her daughter in tow after her husband dies. Pretty next door neighbor Cam is discovering his past and of course they fall in love. This book is sweet, on the edge of saccharine. I’m about halfway through so I’ll probably be talking about this soon enough.
- The Gravity of Us by Phil Stamper: Main character’s dad has just been chosen to be an astronaut which means MC’s insta-live-esque show probably shouldn’t happen anymore, except he’s a “rebel” which is not my favorite trope…. I’m not sure far in yet.
LONG WEEKENNNNNDDDDDD!!! Tome Topple finished up and I got my two tomes done =). YAY!
What Sam Finished:
- Upon A Burning Throne by Ashok K. Banker: I’m reading this for Tome Topple. I am just over half way and am enjoying it. Been reading the hard cover and listening on audio and I really do love it.
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- Deep Roots by Nick Sullivan: This is the third book in a mystery (?) series, sorta. Boone and Emily are scuba instructors and they hop from place to place, and every time they go, something happens and they get dragged in to it. This one is set in Belize. I am very happy to be back with Boone, my husband. His and Emily’s banter is something to aspire to.
- Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake: I’m gonna be totally honest, I wasn’t going to pick this book up. It’s the 4th book in the Three Dark Crowns series… I was super disappointed in the last one. But hey, I started another audiobook and it wasn’t holding my attention AT ALL, and this one was available so here we are. Let’s see how dumb these sisters can get this time.
- Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb: This is the first book in the Liveship Traders series n the same Farseer world as the love of our lives, Fitz. I really adored that series and plan to keep reading the books in this world, but I think #coronavirus is in my way. I just can’t focus. We’ll see.
Min is with her in-laws with her beautiful child. Which means that baby can be taken care of by the in-laws and she can get hammered with her fam. It also means we have no update from her this week, and we think that is great.
Until next time, we main forever drunkenly yours,
Sam, Ginny, and Minda