I’m happy to announce that Sam from Thoughts on Tomes has asked us to be one of the hosts for this upcoming Tome Topple Readathon from May 9 through May 22.
I love this readathon and am so excited that she’s invited us to host again for this round!! Alrighty, here’s the deal, the whole point of this readathon is to read those giant books that can be intimidating sometimes. Books that count for this readathon are over 500 pages. I know I have a giant backlist of these books and I am going to have a hard time picking which ones I want to read.
Bind ups of narrative novels or short stories (like bind ups of series or short story collections) do not count, but graphic novel bind ups do. For example, the bind ups of NK Jemisin’s Broken Earth series does not count, because those individual pieces of work are not over 500 pages, but the omnibus of Wonder Woman graphic novels do.
We are back with the bingo card! Books may count for up to 2 spots on the bingo card. In addition, in honor of Asian American/Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, the team has come up with a wide variety of books across genres written by black authors. Obviously, you can choose your own, but we thought this would be a great place to start.
- The tome that has been on your TBR the longest
- A tome audiobook
- Tome that’s part of a series
- A standalone tome
- Read 1 tome
- A tome featuring a AAPI main character and/or written by a AAPI author (for Asian American/Pacific Islander Heritage Month)
- Tome from a genre you don’t usually read
- The tome on your TBR with the most pages
- An adult tome
The Bingo Card:
Tome Recommendations for AAPI Month
- The Last Ever After (School for Good & Evil #3) by Soman Chainani
- The Poppy War by RF Kuang
- The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War #2) by RF Kuang
- Jade War (Green Bone Saga #2) by Fonda Lee
- Upon a Burning Throne by Ashok K Banker
- The Sword of Kaigen by ML Wang
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- The Bone People by Keri Hulme (author is Maori)
- Steel Crow Saga by Paul Kreuger
- For a Muse of Fire by Heidi Heilig
- The Never-Tilting World by Rin Chupeco
- The Wolf of Oren-Yaro by KS VIlloso
- Empire of Sand by Tasha Suri
- The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu
- The Wall of Storms by Ken Liu
- The Dark Forest (Remembrance of Earth’s Past #2) by Cixin Liu
- Death’s End (Remembrance of Earth’s Past #3) by Cixin Liu
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami
- Wolf Totem by Jiang Rong
- Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
- The Lives of Others by Neel Mukherjee
- The readathon takes place from midnight in your time zone on May 9th to 11:59pm in your time zone on May 22nd.
- Follow the official readathon twitter (@tome_topple) for sprints and any updates for the readathon and use the hashtag #tometopple!
- Books read should be over 500 pages
- There are a TON of amazing hosts, you guys should follow them all:
- There’s a Goodreads group here. You can follow certain discussions about popular Tomes that folks read during this readathon. On that note, there are a lot of people who end up reading the same book. If you want to have some discussions on other social media platforms, use the hashtag TT plus the title of the book. For example #TTOutlander or #ttWayofKings
- There will also be some Instagram challenges to be announced on Sam’s IG HERE. We’ll be trying to meet all those challenges as well, you can find our IG @willreadforbooze.
I seriously cannot wait for this readathon.
Are you guys excited? Who’s in?! Let me know if you’re in and let me know what you’ll be reading below!!
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,