This week’s topic is Nostalgic Ships. Discuss the first fictional couples you ever got butterflies over, or couples you used to be really into when you were younger.
Most of these are going to be other media, since I didn’t become a huge reader until I was in college…. Here we go.
5. Bobby and Loor from DJ MacHale’s Pendragon series. Oh my goodness, these two were so angsty and will-they-won’t-they. But what I loved most about them is that their number 1 priority was saving Halla, not falling in lurrrrve. Hobey Ho!
4. Brock and Misty from Pokemon. Shut up. It was my generation that made this a Thing. I am a 90s kid.
3. Hermione and Ron. I’m one of those folks who loved their relationship. Idk, being in high school when most of these came out, it felt more relateable to me. I saw myself in Ron, the one that wasn’t quite as smart as his other friends, but fiercely loyal and definitely an angsty teenager. And Hermione was the best.
2. Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask… HEART EYES. I loved them and their little love so fucking much.
1. Corey and Topanga. Obviously. Look, I followed their ship through the whole thing. It was what I wanted. I wanted to have a Corey who loved me so much that their whole world revolved around me, again, angsty teenager here.
I’ve also sort of begun to dislike most relationships in fiction. They seem forced a lot of the time, and I’ve also grown into an adult who’s decided that I don’t need a relationship to thrive. I’m happy as I am. If I’m looking for anything, which I’m not currently, I want a partner, not someone who revolves around me. That’s just me though.
Who are your nostalgic ships?