I’m happy to announce that Sam from Thoughts on Tomes has asked us to return as one of the hosts for this upcoming Tome Topple Readathon from April 15th to April 28th
The whole point of this readathon is to read those giant books that can be intimidating sometimes. Books that count for this readathon are over 500 pages. I’ve been struggling reading this year, super slumpy, but readathons always get me fired up!
Bind ups of narrative novels or short stories (like bind ups of series or short story collections) do not count, but graphic novel bind ups do. For example, the bind ups of NK Jemisin’s Broken Earth series does not count, because those individual pieces of work are not over 500 pages, but the omnibus of Wonder Woman graphic novels do.
We’re doing something different this time. There are 20 (!!) prompts that you can choose from. Obvi no one can read 20 books over 500 pages, but Sam wanted to give us options. Choose them however you like! Pick a couple on your own, roll a D20, ask a friend for a #, use a random # generator, however! Unlike last time, books cannot count for more than one prompt. No doubling up this time!
- The tome with a screen adaptation (current or upcoming)
- A sequel tome
- Tome on your TBR with the most pages
- Audiobook tome
- A tome written by a BIPOC author
- Tome from a genre you don’t usually read
- Tome in a series you haven’t read for a while
- Tome with a green cover
- Tome based on a historical event
- Tome that has won an award
- Standalone tome
- Tome set in a non-European inspired setting
- Tome centering a romance
- Tome that’s been on your TBR the longest
- Tome featuring an animal as main character or prominent side character (real or magical)
- Tome with your favorite cover
- Graphic novel tome
- Tome that was published before 2018
- Re-read a tome
- Tome written by someone who doesn’t identify as a man
- The readathon takes place from midnight in your time zone on October18th to 11:59pm in your time zone on October 31st.
- Follow the official readathon twitter (@tome_topple) for sprints and any updates for the readathon and use the hashtag #tometopple!
- Books read should be over 500 pages
- Co-hosts info:
- Sam (she/her) – http://youtube.com/user/thoughtsontomes
- Adri (pronounced “Audrey”; they/them) – http://youtube.com/user/perpetualpages
- ME Sam 2 (she/her) – @willread4booze – http://willreadforbooze.com
- We have a discord!! Check it out and join us in chatting about our beloved tomes. Discord link: https://discord.gg/FghU3dbu
- There will also be some Instagram challenges to be announced on Sam’s IG HERE. We’ll be trying to meet all those challenges as well, you can find our IG @willreadforbooze.
New thing! MERCH!
We’ve got merch this time! I’ll be sending you all an item of merch of your choosing, if you’re interested, as a thank you for helping with the readathon. Grab it here!
You can use the code TOMETOPPLE to get 10% up until the day the readathon starts
I seriously cannot wait for this readathon.
Are you guys excited? Who’s in?! Let me know if you’re in and let me know what you’ll be reading below!!
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,