I’m happy to announce that Sam from Thoughts on Tomes has asked us to return as one of the hosts for this upcoming Tome Topple Readathon from October 18 – October 31st.
I love this readathon and am so excited that she’s invited us to host again for this round!! The whole point of this readathon is to read those giant books that can be intimidating sometimes. Books that count for this readathon are over 500 pages. I know I have a giant backlist of these books and I am going to have a hard time picking which ones I want to read.
Bind ups of narrative novels or short stories (like bind ups of series or short story collections) do not count, but graphic novel bind ups do. For example, the bind ups of NK Jemisin’s Broken Earth series does not count, because those individual pieces of work are not over 500 pages, but the omnibus of Wonder Woman graphic novels do.
We are back with the bingo card! Books may count for up to 2 spots on the bingo card.
- The tome with a movie adaptation (current or upcoming)
- A sequel tome
- Tome with the most pages
- A spooky tome – can be actually horror/thriller or just include spooky elements like witches, monsters, haunted forests, etc
- Read 1 tome
- A tome written by a BIPOC author
- Tome from a genre you don’t usually read
- Tome in a series you haven’t read for a while
- A tome you started during another round of Tome Topple
The Bingo Card:
- The readathon takes place from midnight in your time zone on October18th to 11:59pm in your time zone on October 31st.
- Follow the official readathon twitter (@tome_topple) for sprints and any updates for the readathon and use the hashtag #tometopple!
- Books read should be over 500 pages
- Co-hosts info:
- Sam (she/her) – http://youtube.com/user/thoughtsontomes
- Adri (pronounced “Audrey”; they/them) – http://youtube.com/user/perpetualpages
- ME Sam 2 (she/her) – @willread4booze – http://willreadforbooze.com
- We have a discord!! Check it out and join us in chatting about our beloved tomes. Discord link: https://discord.gg/FghU3dbu
- There will also be some Instagram challenges to be announced on Sam’s IG HERE. We’ll be trying to meet all those challenges as well, you can find our IG @willreadforbooze.
I seriously cannot wait for this readathon.
Are you guys excited? Who’s in?! Let me know if you’re in and let me know what you’ll be reading below!!
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,