In case you hadn’t heard, Tome Topple Readathon Round 9 is coming!!!! This is all about reading books over 500 pages. This is a readathon that Sam from Thoughts on Tomes has from November 9th to November 22nd.
- Read more than 1 tome
- Read the tome that has been on your TBR the longest
- Read a tome that is part of a series
- Read a tome in a genre you don’t usually read
- Read an adult novel (aka not childrens, middlegrade, or YA)
- Dark Age by Pierce Brown: This is the 5th book in the Red Rising series, but the second of its follow on. This series starts 10 years after the end of Morning Star and I LOVED it. I cannot wait for the next installment.
- The Burning White by Brent Weeks: AAAAAAHHHHH. I have been waiting for this damn book for entirely too long. I am so very excited. This is the final installment of the Lightbringer epic fantasy series where the magic is light/color based and I’m in it. Always. I love Kip and I hope my precious son will be ok.
I’ve never actually done Tome Topple before and given the way I read the physical books I own there’s a chance I might not finish. BUT that doesn’t mean I”m not going to try!
- Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon: I’ve read Shannon’s other work and have been hearing amazing things about this book since before it came out. I have been putting it off only because the book is absolutely fucking massive.
- Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff: Sam loved this book, third in the series, and I want to read it. Not much more explanation than that.
For this round of Tome Topple, I’m going to take on the longest on TBR, read 2, and part of a series challenges.
- The Pillars of the Earth (Kingsbridge) by Ken Follett – LOVED his Centuries trilogy and everyone I talk about this to recommends Pillars of the Earth. We bought this for my husband and I to buddy-read ages ago, but looks like I’m going first. 976 pages.
- Theft of Swords (The Riyria Revelations) by Michael J. Sullivan – So this has been on my TBR for a bit and comes highly recommended from Sam. I’m looking for a new series, so this seems right up my alley. Goodreads description suggests unlikely heroes and a classic adventure. 649 pages.
Let me just climb out of my ARC pile *scrabble scrabble*
- Read an adult novel: The Mister by E.L. James. I’ve been too happy with my recent book choices, time for a hate read
- Read a tome in a genre you don’t usually read: Jim Henson: The Biography by Brian Jay Jones. I love Muppets, and Henson is one my college’s most esteemed alums.
Are you guys excited? Who’s in?! Let us know if you’re in and let us know what you’ll be reading below!!
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,