Happy Monday, Boozie Book Nerds!
This is your weekly reminder that black lives matter. Also, #StopAAPIHate
What Sam Finished:
What Sam is Currently Reading:
- The Second Rebel by Linden A. Lewis – this is the sequel to the first sister. I’m about 50% through and while it’s very different from the first one I’m enjoying it.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig – in this story our main character is in the in between place between life and death and she’s seeing what her life would be like if she’d made different choices. I’m enjoying this so far!
What Melinda Is Reading Now:
- Poisoned by Jennifer Donnelly – A retelling of Snow White, in this case Sophie who’s kindness she’s been told is the worst thing she can be as a ruler-in-training. Loved the author’s Cinderella retelling, so thought I would give this one a shot too.
What Minda Finished:
- The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker – This is the story of the Trojan War as told by Briseis, former Trojan Queen and current captive of Achilles. She shares her perspective going from royal to slave and the stories of thousands of enslaved women. Reading this one on audio.
- Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor – A sci-fi contemporary read of an alien landing intertwined with Nigerian mythology. Read for book club. Interesting premise, but ultimately not something I enjoyed.
No update from Ginny this week
Until next time, we remain forever drunkenly yours,
— Sam, Ginny, and Minda