Welcome Back Boozie Readers!
Sam and Ginny here. In case you hadn’t heard THERE’S A NEW MAGICAL READATHON!!
After the bookish community had had enough with JK’s transphobia, G (rightfully) cancelled the original magical readathon that was HP themed. She’d been talking about how she was building a new world for us to play in, but clearly that takes a ton of time. So when we saw that she’s kicked off her new Magical Readathon on the planet Aedlia on Orilium, we immediately began our TBR.
So here’s the deal, this round is going to feel a lot like D&D where we’re building our characters on our way to the magical school (aka the Novice Path to the school). We must complete two of the prompts on our way to the magic school during the month of September. There are also character creation prompts for whether you’re in the forest, what province you’re from, and your heritage (aka species). The character creation prompts do not need to be completed this month, they only need to be done by the first year at magic school (aka the April Magical Readathon).
Again, this readathon takes place in September and there are some prompts that you can complete later in the year. Without further ado, here are G and I’s TBRs.
I’ve decided that I want to be an Iltirian from Kerador who is from the city. I haven’t decided on a name yet, but I’ll get there. I’ve got a few options for the Novice Path journey, even though we only need two. I’m also participating in Mythothon so I’ve sort of cross-pollinated and here they are!
The Novice Path
- The Novice Path Entrance – read a book with a map: Master Artificer by Justin T. Call
- Ashtorn Tree – a book that keeps tempting you: Nolyn by Michael J. Sullivan
- The Mist of Solitude – read a standalone: Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim
- Background: Urban – read a book set in the city: The Story King by Matt Mikalatos
- Province: Kerador – read a book from an ongoing series: Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman
- Heritage: Iltirian – read a book with a crow on the cover/title: The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson
I know I’ve been pretty quiet on the readathon from but that usually comes from not wanting to set an actual tbr. BUT, this is low pressure enough (and let’s me build a character, which I love to do!) that I feel like I can keep up.
The Novice Path
- The Mist of Solitude – read a standalone: The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab
- Ashtorn Tree – a book that keeps tempting you (or top of TBR):Battle Royal by Lucy Parker
- Orilium Academy Arc – book with a school setting: Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell
- Urban – read a book set in a city/town: Much Ado About You by Samantha Young
- Skaimorn – read a book that’s been on your tbr forever: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Darkmeadow – Dark Academia: Wilder Girls by Rory Power